Sunday 27 July 2014

IF ONLY - Author Alyssa

I didn’t need to sit in the real world; I have one of my own. I could create anything, I can be anyone. The world I live in isn’t anything like the one that you do, my world is one that I can only obtain through my dreams. But that never stopped me. I could fly to the peak of a mountain, or swim to the ends of the world and all it took was a little inspiration, all it took was one dream and a little imagination.

The adventures I created, were just cover ups, my life was a complete misery, living in the orphanage for three years now , my friends started to call me a freak show and the other orphans wouldn’t go near me. It wasn’t my fault; I couldn’t hold back the tears as I rocked myself to sleep. I just wanted out of this nightmare; the only way was for me to create a world I could appreciate. Where my parents didn’t abandon me and my friends didn’t call me names.




2 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like how the child wants to run away into their own world, and they do eventually, when death takes them there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great higher order language; Your writing grips onto the readers attention and doesn't let go. Just try to show, not tell.

    ReplyDelete