Sunday 24 August 2014

LOOKING FOR THE WRONG THING - Author Constance

Chapter 1


“Mum!” I shouted out, my face breaking into a massive grin, laughing as she carried me across the garden. Suddenly, she dropped me on the floor cackling and running away while I was calling aloud helplessly, “Mum… help me please… don’t.” and then all I could see was a wall of hellish darkness. She never came to help me.


“Aaaahhh!” I screamed out loud, collapsing back into my comfortable bed. The covers wrapped me inside a world of my own as I recalled the events during my unrealistically horrifying dream. Yet after that ear piercing shriek,  no one came to comfort me. I shuffled out of my room and walked into my kitchen, my back was hunched dreadfully as if someone had just told me my kitten had died and I moved towards the box of cereal. Before I could get to it, a hand grabbed mine fierce, vermillion, red fingernails gripping me tightly.

Chapter 2

“Stop!” I gritted my teeth and muttered, tearing my pained hand from her fierce grip. My stepmother was the one who grasped me so tightly. She was a drunk and insane woman and I detested her, not understanding what attracted my dad to marry that drunkard. I frowned at her, feeling my dark mood grow darker as I realised she was going to bombard me with her thousand and one requests. “W-What are you doing! Go buy me m-m-more beer Janet… now!” that last command jolted me awake and I realised that I  could not  bear this another second longer. I suddenly exclaimed, “Go get it yourself! I’m not your slave and you can’t just order me around like that!” Her empty eyes stared at me filling with an immense amount of confusion. I then took the chance to run to my room and when I did, I sunk into my warm bed finding the comfort I badly needed there.

“Where are you mum?” I sobbed uncontrollably shaking hysterically, “Why did you leave me now mum! Why now? Times are so tough without you and I’m crumbling away…!” That was the truth that had woke me up so suddenly, that I would crumble away if I didn’t find my mother now. I needed her right now and I needed to find her.

Continue reading Chapter 3 


1 comment:

  1. Constance's story is a great example in demonstrating the powerful use of well chosen 'adverbs' in evoking emotion and creating chosen moods.

    ReplyDelete