Tuesday 2 September 2014

BREATHE - Author Sophie

Yeah, sure I liked my last school. Mum thought I wasn't getting a good enough education so she has moved me to Fioroton Co-educational Anglican School. I hope I like it here, it’s pretty overwhelming though, and I've prepared myself for the homework to be way harder than Northton State Sport School. I’ll definitely miss good old N Triple S, but I’m keen to make friends and a good impression. This nerdy girl Georgia was keen to be my science partner before we had even spoken. I’m not the best at science; I’m more into my sports than my studies, so having a smart partner who will do all the work didn't faze me of course.

Recess flew by and I had been warmly welcomed into a group of boys and girls; most were from my English class. They seemed like good kids, sporty ones too. They like me; although one girl was eyeing me off a bit when she overheard me telling Harry that I had made it into the national’s team twice for swimming and once for running. It wasn't my fault, I told the truth! He was the one who asked about my sporting life anyways.

So after a while I kind of got sick of the same old same old, the cliques within the group would always get up and leave us all the time. Kirsty would always brag about her amazing life and James and Gen would brag about their ever so tremendous sporting achievements. Til I thought to myself how they wouldn’t give a flying pig if I disappeared and found new friends, preferably not a bunch of self-obsessed troublemakers as I discovered. I started walking towards the garden closest to the fish pond at the back fence. There was a rusty old bench with fallen maple leaves scattered all around. I was drained so I plugged in my music and zoned out of reality…

Between songs, I heard a soft cough coming from behind me. I unplugged. “Hey-yyy?” I whispered, curiously. I heard no response, so I tip-toed further around to the other side of the maple tree. Sitting there, leaning against the base of the tree; was one of the girls from my history class... I think? She always seemed to be alone, like she was then, but surprisingly she seemed all good. I sat next to her; I figured it would do no harm to chat.She wrapped up her perfectly cut two pieces of her pickles and ham sandwich that she didn’t finish. She was a thin little one, who was paler than my grandma.

We did chat actually, for the rest of lunch and all the way to our next class that was in the same building. It was really fun and I put a smile on her face. Her name was April. Little did I know, there was a laneway at the end of my street that connected up to April’s street, so that afternoon, mum let me have her over. We managed to get all of our mind-numbing history homework done by 4:33pm. That gave us time to chat about our lives and interests.

“I like the sky. Yeah, everything in it. The stars, the moon, the sun. Sunrises and sunsets, but most of all, the stars. I could stare into the night for hours just gazing at the stars that keep appearing and twinkling as I look further into the distance. And Coldplay, I love all their songs too!” I thought to myself how deep she is, wow. All I am is a swimmer that’s has an over-obsession with chocolate Pods and Gossip Girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment