Monday 15 September 2014

I HAVE A DREAM - Author Antonio

Chapter 1

I have a dream that everyone including my friends and especially my family would love and care for me. I had that dream when I was six years old. And just a little over 3 years ago, that dream came crashing down like the Berlin wall.

You have to see this from my point of view. I got sick and tired that my mother Hayley, kept dating men constantly ever since mum and dad got divorced over 8 years ago. Now she has finally committed to a relationship for over 3 years now with a nice man called Roy. After meeting Roy for the first time, I had a conversation with mum.

“What the hell are you doing, going out and meeting new man?” I asked “Who died and made you king of my love life?” Hayley questioned “All I'm saying is that, the way you go through men, why bother saying to them “I will always love you” when 5 minutes later, you’re kicking them out the door and saying “Sayonara”! “You shouldn't raise your voice at me mister. It’s my life, not yours! Sometimes girls like me, just want to have fun.”“Well I don't care!”

I stormed out of there. Before I left home with my blue sway shoes and my bags packed, I screamed out “To me, I think that you are useless as a butter knife in a sword fight!”

Chapter 2

After leaving home, I walked to my friend’s house Steve, who lived just 2 blocks down the road, to see if I can stay for a while at his place. He provided me with a room. We bonded on a level that we thought never existed. We would talk all the time and do everything together.  But I digress.

Two weeks after storming off, Steve decided talked to me about what happened. “I was just sick and tired of all the men she was dating. One after another. She kept acting like she was a material girl.” I said to Steve while crying on his shoulder “Well maybe she was trying to hide the pain of the break up your dad and she had.” Steve hypothesised“Maybe you're right. But I feel that mum keeps acting like Blanche Devereaux.”

We both swore to never touch that topic ever again. But a week later Steve decided to bring up the conversation again. But this time, on his own circumstances.“OK. I know last Friday night we swore never to talk about you-know-what again. But it’s your mother’s birthday next week. So go over there, make amends, and say sorry before it’s too late to apologise. Ok?”
I reluctantly said yes and found a present that mum would adore and love.
Chapter 3
It was the night of mum’s birthday party which she had held at her house. There was lots of music playing that I had to knock three times to get her attention. Once Hayley answered, I asked her if we can go into the bedroom to talk.

“So…what are you doing here?”I handed her the present. She opened up the present which contained a photo album of all of our pictures when I was little, a gift certificate for a hot air balloon ride with Roy, and the Tiffany 2.5ct diamond ring that she always wanted.

“Oh James… It’s the most sweetest thing that you have ever done for me.” She started crying
“Well knowing you, I knew that you would love it. You almost never get to see the tears I cry, behind my hazel eyes, but for the past month I have been missing you. And I have been thinking of what to say, but all I have to offer is… I’m sorry.” “Come here”

As we were hugging she told me that all was forgiven, that I could come back home and that Roy was living with us now. The weekend after, we all went on a night on the town and we all had a blast. Mum and Roy stated this on the night after that they “Built this city on rock and roll”, but I highly doubt that.

So after that mess, they said that all was said and done, and it’s all forgotten. They are still together through thick and thin and mum is thinking of marrying Roy. And I’m still happily enjoying all of my time with my mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment