Monday 1 September 2014

IMAGINATION OR REALITY? Author - Alec


My engine is full of plutonium. It requires 1.21 gigawatts of electricity. I stomped on my accelerator as far as it can go. My heart is beating out of my body and I am just about to hit exactly 288 km per hour. In exactly 2.4 seconds I will be shot into the past. A force field has gathered around me and I have been sent back to 1964.

When I land I am suddenly spiralling out of control. I activate the emergency eject button and get catapulted out of the car and somehow have rolled into the Finsbury Park Astoria Theatre.

Suddenly I realize that in front of me is a live concert. The Beatles are playing and there are about 20 000 people gathered in seats. The crowd cheers as they play songs. I cannot believe it. More and more songs are played. I take a seat. At the end of the concert John Lennon asks "Now we would like to bring up someone from the audience that can play.” The crowd roars. "You," says Paul McCartney. I was stunned. "Me?" I reply. "Yes," he replied. I walk out onto the stage in fear my body trembles I am about to get up onto the stage but I trip and
Fall over the last stair.

I am a laughing stock. I feel like running away but no I don't. John Lennon hands me a guitar. “Show me what you've got,” he says. I start to play my favourite song by AC--DC the crowds jaws drop right open and I start to sing .The crowd is echoing the lyrics. I feel great the crowd start to sing-along and I finish with a solo and then a stage dive and I am crowd surfing as the audience holds me above their heads. I travel around the stadium. I get thrown back onto the stadium and get thanked by the Beatles


At this point I stop and wonder. Is this my imagination or reality? I take a deep breath and close my eyes. What do you think I see?


No comments:

Post a Comment